Oscar Adler & Co. Alto saxophon 1930

Dieses Thema im Forum "Saxophone" wurde erstellt von Nash, 18.September.2023.

1. Nash

Nash Schaut nur mal vorbei

Dear all

First of all, sorry for me typing in english, but i can only do deutsch with googletranslate

Look what i've got for my youngster:

That's the silver plated Oscar Adler alto saxophon
    Serial is 4637, so it has to be 1930, thanks to this forum for getting through the info

The model, I presumeshould be the Rasco one, least that i've learned from photos on internet

The instrument in very good order for it's age and after some cleanong and tlc plays and sounds nicely
    Very different from modrn yamaha 485 mi youngster is playing now

It's also the original set with matching numbers on parts

I also thinnk that this sax was factory-restired at some stage (may be somewhere back in 80xx) as it showing quite significant wear on serial number and nice solid silver coat on top,
    The H and Hb valvesprotection cage is also swapped for something newish (B&S presumably) and all mounts seems to be soldered on before the whole sax was recoated

So leave me knkw what you think if this sax has some value and was ti worth some efforts to make it alive again.

IMG_20230918_223031.jpg IMG_20230918_223040.jpg IMG_20230918_223052.jpg IMG_20230918_223113.jpg IMG_20230918_223127.jpg IMG_20230918_223207.jpg IMG_20230918_223202.jpg IMG_20230918_223234.jpg IMG_20230918_223426.jpg IMG_20230918_223344.jpg IMG_20230918_223152.jpg IMG_20230918_223147.jpg IMG_20230918_223214.jpg IMG_20230918_223352.jpg IMG_20230918_223450.jpg

2. Nash

Verehrte Gäste

Zunächst einmal tut es mir leid, dass ich Englisch schreibe, aber mit Google Translate kann ich nur Deutsch schreiben

Schauen Sie, was ich für meinen Kleinen habe:

Das ist das versilberte Oscar Adler Altsaxophon
    Die Seriennummer ist 4637, also muss es 1930 sein, vielen Dank an dieses Forum für die Durchsicht der Informationen

Ich gehe davon aus, dass es sich bei dem Modell um das Modell von Rasco handelt, zumindest was ich anhand von Fotos im Internet erfahren habe

Das Instrument ist für sein Alter in einem sehr guten Zustand und nach einigen Aufräum- und Pflegearbeiten spielt und klingt es gut
    Ganz anders als die moderne Yamaha 485 MI, die der Youngster jetzt spielt

Es ist auch das Originalset mit übereinstimmenden Nummern der Teile

Ich glaube auch, dass dieses Saxophon irgendwann im Werk ausgemustert wurde (vielleicht irgendwo in den 80er Jahren), da es deutliche Abnutzungserscheinungen an der Seriennummer und eine schöne, solide Silberbeschichtung auf der Oberseite aufweist.
    Der Schutzkäfig der H- und Hb-Ventile wurde ebenfalls gegen etwas Neues ausgetauscht (vermutlich B&S) und alle Halterungen scheinen angelötet zu sein, bevor das gesamte Saxofon neu beschichtet wurde

Lassen Sie mich wissen, was Sie davon halten, ob dieses Saxofon einen gewissen Wert hat und es sich gelohnt hat, einige Anstrengungen zu unternehmen, um es wieder zum Leben zu erwecken.

3. JES

JES Gehört zum Inventar

Lets try.
    Value depends what you want to do with it.
    If you want to play then the recoating and the modifications dont matter, as long as tune is accurate, you like the sound and you feel comfortable with the mechanic. My younger oscar adler tenor is robust, so i expect the same about your one.
    If you see it as a collector's item and your intent is to resell it, forget it. None of the os saxes i have seen on the market did achive a price at or above the cost of a refurbishment. Or vice versa, the price did not cover the costs for a refurbishment, so the sax itself did go for no value. Unrestored os are hard to sell. Maybe your was an exception, but with the mods done... Mmhh.
    My recommendation: if you like it, it is in tune then keep it.

4. Nash

Was not thinking of resale tbt

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden